Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Project Progress: House Quilt

I am already having a great time piecing together the house blocks I bought at my favorite estate goods dealer.  The colors are bright and fresh and springlike.  Sewing this quilt will both relieve, and create, cabin fever!


The colors in the batik jelly roll I bought complement the houses very nicely.  I'm impressed with the workmanship on the blocks.  I believe them to be hand pieced, not machine pieced.  The evidence is in the irregularity of the stitches, and the hand knots.  There is a minor problem though.  It seems that the blocked are not precisely the same size - something I think I can disguise well enough.


Reverse of blocks!

I'm thinking of making two wall hangings, rather than one larger quilt.  One to keep and one to give away to a dear friend who could use some cheer.  Here are a few shots of the process so far!





Just looking at the colors together makes me feel happy!  Let me know what you think so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment