Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wedding Jewelry: The Earrings

I completed the earrings for the wedding jewelry ensemble.  The drops echo one of the elements on the third strand of the necklace, which you can see in the photo.


Now, on to beginning the dress.  Years ago, I deconstructed my mother's wedding gown to make a tutu for my daughter.  I carefully saved the pieces of the gown that I was not using.  So, here is the ivory satin from my mom's gown.


Quite wrinked, but I'm afraid a wash was in order.  Stay tuned for some of the details of the construction, though the final reveal of the dress will not be until after the wedding.

4 comments:

  1. Those are very elegant earrings and a good match to the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful earrings. This will add more beauty to the bride.

    ReplyDelete