Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Semi Completed Project: Burda 8995

I completed the dress portion of Burda 8995 today.  Still to be finished is the black short jacket topper.
My plan is to finish up the jacket next week.  I need to do a couple of little projects brfore that.  Then, back to my lilac fabric and vintage Butterick 4228.  I do like how the fabric complements this 1960s style sheath.


Please let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely a great match of fabric and pattern choice! It's going to look really elegant with the jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Ilove the fabric choice . It has a very sixties Tiki Lounge vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and the colors, I think a black jacket would look great with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you did a great job tailoring the dress! Thanks for linking up to Sew Woodsy!

    ReplyDelete