Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Darn Good Stuff - Webaliciousness!

Gee, and I thought I wasn't a hand model! This stock photo looks like "The Werewolf Gives a Stamp of Approval", but it's really my little stamp of approval. Here are some favorites from around the web for the week of April 22nd.


Justine from Sew Country Chick is one of my blog heroines.  She's a very talented designer, a mom and a homesteader.  Loved her post this week about buying thrift store clothing for children.  It was right on the money (tee hee)!

At Vintage Girl, Gina made the most adorable shorts from Kwik Sew 3854.  These would be super for those upcoming hot summer days!  But is the world ready to view my thighs in all their glory?

Spring is a time for proms and other formal dances.  The Urban Rustic posted the gorgeous taffeta gown she made for her college aged daughter's May Ball.  It is in one of my absolute favorite shades of blue.  What a lucky young lady to be able to wear such marvelous gown to her Ball!

I read tons (well, tons if you could weigh websites) of blogs on sewing, environmentalism, vintage goodies, crafts, thrift and frugal lifestyles.  Each week I'll try to bring you a few of my favorites, just to spread a little more love around.

Hey, the dress UFO is coming out so cool!  Should be finished tomorrow, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the FUFO (Finished Unfinished Object) :)

    ReplyDelete